Subject: Re: Fast LW 4.0/4.1 for Amiga!
From: Ralph Messana <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 23:51:33 -0500

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Robert Cohen wrote:

> >Give us a break, Dave.  Your Amiga may be gathering dust, but mine
> >certainly isn't!  We are definitely fewer than we once were, but it
> >is important to Newtek's business to keep us as customers.  Yes, Newtek
> >has a good deal of power to make or break the struggling Amiga and I
> >sincerely hope they continue to support the computer 'of the people' and
> >not just fall into line with the millions who pay homage to Bill Gates.
> 
> >I apologize for what a PC LW'er might consider a waste of bandwidth.
> >Please don't forget Lightwave's heritage!
> 
> 
> I believe that Escom, given the time, will bring the Amiga platform to new
> levels.  This being the case, does it make sense for NewTek to "burn bridges"?
> 
> There can ONLY be an increase in the number of Amiga users from this point
> forward, especially after the power Amiga's hit the market.  I don't think
> that NewTek is that near sited, personally.
> 

Hopefully you're right. I think NT made a step in the right direction by 
including Screamernet in LW 4.0 Amiga. All along the reports were that it 
wouldn't be included. Maybe after meeting with AT NT decided that there 
is a glimmer of hope for the Amiga market, and including Snet was a show 
of support.

I personally think it's very possible that someday I'll be able to buy an 
Amiga running a 300mhz, PPC 620. It'll probably be capable of running 
Amigados, Mac software & Windows NT right out of the box. Probably at the 
same time.

There are advantages and disadvantages to all the platforms. I don't 
think there's anything wrong with using multiple platforms. In fact I 
think it's a necissity for me. To be able to run them on one box would be 
a real help.

> 
>  _ __                         __
> ' )  )     /         _/_     /  )     /
>  /--' ____/____  __  /      /    ____/_  _  __   Lightwave Animator
> /  \_(_) /_) (<_/ (_(__    (__/ (_) / /_(<_/) )  [email-masked]
> 
>